If you choose to participate, you will be asked to do the following:
- Answer survey questions about your health habits and medical history 1-2 times per year.
- Permit the ColoCare team to access medical records about your cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Give blood, saliva, urine and stool samples before cancer surgery (if applicable) and 6, 12, and 24 months after surgery (or after enrollment date, if you did not have surgery).
- Allow us to study some of the cancer and surrounding tissue the surgeon removes to treat you.
- Participating in the study will not change your medical care.
- ColoCare will not charge you or your insurance company for any study-related activities.
- The ColoCare team will coordinate specimen sample collection with your doctors and nurses.
- Your participation is voluntary and confidential.
- You can stop participating any time.